Saturday, January 2, 2016

Yeah it was a great night

"Yeah it was a great night,I really had fun"You say smiling.
"Me too,I love every moment I spend with you."Jacob replies in a smooth voice.
"So what are you doing?"
"Nothing much,just getting dressed up for dinner.I was really missing you so I thought I should give you a call."
"I have missed you too."You admit.
"Hurry up Jacob! We are getting late."You hear a girl's voice in the background.
"Who is she?"You ask in a sharp voice.
"I will explain once I get back,I gotta go now.See you later"Jacob says hanging up the phone.

You lay down on the bed,your mind crowded with thoughts.You close your eyes and slowly fell asleep.
          The phone bell wakes you up,you open your eyes slowly as you look for the phone.

"Hello"You say in a sleepy voice.
"Hey!Hopefully I didn't disturb you? You sound sleepy,Were you sleeping?At this time of the night.Oh God! its only 8 pm."Melissa's loud voice explodes into your ear.
                   You have been talking to Melissa for nearly an hour,she doesn't appear to be in any mood to hang up.You pretend to show interest in the conversation but your mind keeps on drifting towards Jacob.The wait is killing you,maybe he is back home and trying to call you.You decide to come up with an excuse so you can hang up to Melissa
"Melissa i gotta take a shower, you can tell me about your trip to Hollywood tomorrow"
"Such a shame but hey I can wait.Enjoy your shower and sleep tight."Melissa says in her screechy voice.
"Good Night."You say hanging up the phone.
                        You take a deep breath and lay down on the blankets.You close your eyes and listen to the crickets chirp.After a few seconds,the phone rings again.
"Hello" Please be Jacob! Please be Jacob! You cross your fingers.
"Hey" You hear Jacob's voice on the other end.
"Oh God! I was waiting for your call."
"So you were missing me."Jacob says teasing you.
"You know why i was "missing" you" You say slightly irritated.
"Yeah Yeah i know.That was my sister,she lives in Florida and came to visit me after a long time"
 "You have a sister?"You ask slightly confused.
"Yeah, I guess we have never really talked about her."Jacob responds.
"Oh well that explains it! I am sorry for being you know..."
"Its alright! Misunderstandings happen,I am glad we are able to resolve it though."
"Yeah me too"You say smiling as your heart begins to feel a lot lighter
"You know there is a fair at Water view park,maybe we can get some rides together."Jacob asks
"A fair? Yeah I will be there."
"I did not know you were a poet."Jacob says with a grin
"There is a lot you don't know about me"
"Well enlighten me then"
You hear someone giggle on the phone as you realize that your sister had been listening to the entire conversation.
"Hold on Jacob!I will call you later"You say hanging the phone.
 How dare she! Had she heard everything? Did she know you would be seeing Jacob again.

You knock on her door, there is no response. You open the door and enter the room.Your sister is sitting on the computer,watching a movie.
"Forgetting your manners Sissy? Didn't anyone ever teach you to knock"She says with a grimace.
"Didn't anyone ever teach you to not listen to others private conversations and mind your own business."You shoot back.
"What are you talking about."She acts surprised.
"I heard you giggle on the phone! No need to pretend now!"You says raising your voice.
"Oh you don't wanna be so loud sissy.Dad might hear about your "romantic meeting" with Jacob" She says with an evil grin.
"I would beat the hell of you."You are starting to lose it.How dare she!
"You can beat the hell out of me but that wouldn't stop me from telling dad what I have heard."
 "What do you want?I am not playing that stupid hide and seek again"
"Oh no sissy,no point in playing hide and seek when you can't find me."
"So what is it?" You ask.
""Well my room needs a bit tidying up so you can clean my room or you can give me 50 dollars.Money is always welcomed too"

No comments:

Post a Comment